Thursday 27 September 2012

Mum, there is a monster under my bed.

28/09/2012.

 Recently I have been trying to think of a story to Illustrate for a children's book. I came up with a theme of monsters and the title of "Mum, there is a monster under my bed" because it is coming up close to Halloween time. I have always found halloween a fascinating time where children collect sweets and play dress up with their friends.

 The reader (young child) may relate to this story because a majority of children are afraid of dark shadows and of things that go bump in the night. I don't believe that children can separate their logical thoughts from their illogical thoughts easily like most adults can. And it has been said that children and pregnant women are more receptive to seeing ghosts and paranormal things than other people are.

 However, even though my character is scared of things he can not explain his Mother is always there to comfort him when he calls her. She soothes him and reassures him until he falls back to sleep again. I will post sketches of my characters later on in the week. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

No comments: